Twice (so far) this has been told to me! Is it true?

For the past (almost) 2 years, I have been working "Novella", my upcoming concept album, I've always wanted to make one, and wanted to make one that was easy to follow, because in my head a "Concept" album, automatically meant a "Story" album.

I was talking with my friend Jon Patton of Midway Fair, & I learned from him that a "Concept" album doesn't necessarily have to be a "Story". The example he gave me was The Who's "Sell Out" album, that the album is supposed to sound like your channel surfing through a radio.

When I mentioned that "Novella" is going to be a full story, from beginning to end, with narrations, and artists singing as different characters, he called it an "Opera". This is the second time some one has called this album an Opera or an Operetta.
Could  this be true? Have I accidentally created an Operetta album, instead of a concept album?
What do you think?

Much Love :)
Mosno

-----------------------
Socialize with Mosno


Twitter: @mosno_music
Instagram: mosno_music
YouTube: MosnoMusic
Keek: @Mosno
Save Sudan: www.SystemDown.net

No comments:

Post a Comment