Novella & Frank Sinatra



My good friend and local Soul Eclectic artist Janice B., sometimes playfully refers to me as the "Sudanese Sinatra" due to my singing style on a song called "Live 4 Now" with the House Music Group "t3N". But never did I realize how my new album "Novella" would also be connected to the legendary Frank Sinatra.
I've always enjoyed the style of Mr. Sinatra, but I never actually owned any of his work. While I was doing research about concept albums, one album caught my attention. It is called "In The Wee Small Hours", it was by non-other than, Frank Sinatra. 

I did some more reading on it & found out that it might have been one of the First every concept albums, or themed albums, depending on who you talk to.Also the cover of the album is this beautiful drawing of Mr. Sinatra in this lonely street. At that point it hit me, Holy Crap!. Novella is a concept album with a drawn cover, it was never intended to be that way. 

I just think it is very serendipitous that out of all the amazing legends out there, I get referred to as the one legend who may have created one of the first concept/themed albums in music history.It just makes me feel that much more confident & proud of this project.Now I'll go listen to the album & see if there are any other cool connections between the themes.
Thanks Janice B. :)


What is one of YOUR favorite concept or themed album?
Let me know.

Shukran, Thank You, & Much Love.
Mosno :)
- - - - -
Lets Socialize
www.mosno.net
Tweets @mosno_music
Read: The mos:BLOG (posts every Monday)
Join: The Desert Symposium (Monthly discussion + a free EP )
Join: The Soul Alchemists (For exclusive material + more free music) 

2 comments:

  1. I've been listening to this very album by Sinatra for many, many years, and it is indeed awesome. I think it's just incredible and appropriate that you have been linked with this genius singer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carlene, I have not heard this album yet! buying it online TODAY. I'm looking forward to checking it out!
      I am honored to be linked with such talents, maybe I should now write a song called "Baltimore, Baltimore" :D

      Delete