My Thorns, if I were a Desert Rose

Welcome to my Muse Oasis! :)
To be an "Indie Artist", is actually a magnificent social status in my opinion. The universe knows this, which is why when ever you try to become an "Indie", it will totally TEST you, to make sure that you are worthy.
In a recent conversation with fellow indies, the topic of the song "Desert Rose" came up, and in a very humble way, I feel like my musical styling is pretty much that beautiful song, a bit of East & a touch of West.

As I was having one of my long walks the other day, many flowers were blooming, the sun was shining, and it reminded me of the "Desert Rose" song. Through that I realized that there are a couple of "Thorns" that I would like to mention to you :)

Thorn #1
This is a pleasant Thorn actually, on Friday of last week (April/26/2013) my song "Shurkan My Totem" was featured in The Music Biz Weekly Podcast EP# 107. Ironically, one of the presenter's website is "Thorny Bleeder". He does several podcast that give great advice to indie musicians, and his DIY Daily PodCast promotes positivity for all the DIY-ers out there, its really nice.
[Video of this podcast is below]

Thorn # 2
My song "Labyrinth", you may have heard me talk about this song before, it really has been a Thorn in my side. I had to re-write it 3 times, and even after that, it still didn't sound "Right" to me. Being the Arab Capricorn that I am, I just kept going at it head strong, with extreme force, but nothing came to me. Then I remembered my dear friend Sahffi, she has this peaceful approach to her music. So I thought to myself "Well, think like a Shaffi", & it worked :).
I picked up my Sudan colored guitar pedal (The Dez-RT), alchemized a haunting mellow sound, sat in my room for the rest of that day, and BAM! I found the missing elements. I even shared what I did with several of my close friends, and they all gave me the same reaction..which was a roaring "YES!!".

I think if I start coming against any other challenges in the future, I should go into my "Desert Rose" mode, and try to gently clip those thorns, try it some time, and let me know if it works for you too :)

By the way, feel free to join the email conversation with The Soul Philosophers & I in the monthly Desert Symposium, you get one email a month, with some news, & a question to start a conversation with you, or if you have a question for me you could ask that as well. Just add your email into the box at the top left, & as a "Shukran" you get free music :)

If you want to venture deeper into The Muse Oasis, you can become one of The Soul Alchemists, with whom I share exclusive access to my journey, as they become not just supporters but partners in this musical journey I am taking.

Much Love & I'll chat you next week.
Mosno

-----------------
Socialize w/ Me
Twitter: @mosno_music
For Exclusive Access Join: The Soul Alchemists 
To be a Soul Philosopher Join: The Desert Symposium newsletter (top left)

The shout-out & song start at 48:44. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment