Skills & Thrills

The past few days (and coming few days) have been (and will be) VERY interesting, allow me to share some of the highlights with you.

Last week:
One of the most interesting days I've had in a while was Sunday. I spent the whole day with an Iranian jazz artist, Sorhab Saddat Ladjevardi of SoSaLa. We got interviewed for Radio Koocheh, I got to hear a Persian poet,  I got to also hear Rumi poetry being read over atmospheric live instrumentation, including an instrument called The Hunter's Harp. The night concluded with me playing Djembe with the Jazz improve band, consistent of amazing players whom I only met a few hours before. Not only that, but I actually ending up leading the rhythm for the band on our 1st improve tune of the show. It was KILLER.

-/-

This week:
 I'm super excited, and slightly nervous about my performance with NYC hip-hop artist Nayir Leone. I've known Nayir for quite sometime, but we've only played live once, many years ago, and it was a short 2 song set or so. But this time, its a FULL 60 minute show, and yours truly is one of the 2 main guitar players in the band. Honestly I'm more comfortable "sitting-in" on djembe, but what my friend needs is a guitarist.
I guess its the season for me to expand my skills a little. Come on out if you can & enjoy this live hip-hop show! it will be entertaining to say the least :)

Friday at Axum Lounge in DC  | 8pm
Axum Lounge, 1934 9th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001

///////
 Also this week, I rehearse and perform with a new acoustic project I'm testing called SuperTent. We'll be at the Tremont Hotel this Wednesday playing a very short set for the fashion show that's going on there that evening.

///////
 And if everything goes as planned, then this Sunday I would be making the "Novella Acoustic" vLogs, and uploading the audio album for my Soul Alchemists, and maybe one more for my "Songwriter Tech" vLogs. I've already shot the first "Songwriter Tech" vLog with QueenEarth last week, as we worked on a collaborative tune called "Mind Set". I have not had a chance to edit and upload it yet, but it will be surfacing soon.

Speaking of QueenEarth, her Album Release is this Saturday at Terra Cafe at 8pm, come enjoy her cool tunes LIVE before she leaves for California. (Insert Sad Sad Face Here), but at the same time I'm very happy to see my good friend expanding her horizons, I'm very happy for you gals, you will both be missed dearly.

Have a great week everyone!


Shukran, Thank You, & Much Love.
Mosno :)
- - - - -
Lets Socialize
www.mosno.net
Tweets @mosno_music
Read: The mos:BLOG (posts every Monday)
Join: The Desert Symposium (Monthly discussion + a free EP )-Form at the Top Right!!
Join: The Soul Alchemists (For exclusive material + more free music) 

No comments:

Post a Comment